Values & guidelines
Sustainable and responsible corporate management is an integral part of our values and principles. Our values provide the foundation for our actions and describe who we are. Internal guidelines and standards express in concrete terms how we implement our values in our daily work routines.
Our five corporate values provide a framework for our daily activities and dealings with colleagues, partners and society:
Entrepreneurship – Technological Excellence – Reliability – Passion – Responsibility
Our guidelines and principles
Our internal corporate guidelines provide the basis for all activities by our employees and business divisions. They express in concrete terms how our values are implemented in daily business operations:
- Our Code of Conduct lays down our understanding of responsible behavior for all employees worldwide.
- Our CR guidelines define the basic principles and strategic objectives of responsible behavior at Knorr-Bremse.
- The procurement quality standards stipulate the requirements that we set for our suppliers – and also include sustainability aspects.
- We are committed to top standards in our health, safety and environmental protection policy.
- Our leadership principles serve as an orientation for successful employee management and are also an appeal as to how management at Knorr-Bremse is to be understood, lived and modeled.
- The internal guideline governing our Local Care commitment lays down the principles for our social commitment at site level.
Beyond that, our corporate responsibility is determined by internationally recognized principles and standards. We are guided by
- the principles of the UN Global Compact in the areas of human rights, labor standards, environmental protection and the fight against corruption
- the United Nations’ Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- the principles of the International Labor Organization (ILO) conventions
- the guiding principles for business and human rights of the United Nations
- the charter for sustainable development of the International Association of Public Transport (UITP charter)
- the standards of the international standardization organizations such as ISO 14001 or ISO 9001